Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

Flying Tips from WriterChick

I'm a frequent flyer (but I don't have one of those fancy memberships) and a couple weeks ago I looked up packing tips for my trip to California (where I'm posting from for the next 2 weeks) and some of them were helpful and others were not. I now grace you with my packing tips. If you look up flying tips on google you will find things like:

"Pack only items that match" meaning pack black and white

"Wear your bulkiest items while traveling" DON'T EVER DO THIS! I know that in the US right now they have you taking your shoes, jacket, and hats. Then you'll have to put them all back on. It's easier just to wear jeans, t-shirt and flip flops.

"Vacuum seal your clothes" Okay, let's be honest. How many people have a vacuum sealer gizmo just lying around waiting for you to travel? None that I know.

"Always take toilet paper" To me this says to your host "I don't trust that you'll have tp". So don't.

"Always take a water filter" Um. No.

Please for the sake of the person behind you and the TSA representative:
PLEASE don't wear lots of chains
PLEASE buy your little bottle of water on the other side of security.

~*~*~*~
Now for some things you should do.

Wear light clothing. I know in the US you practically undress so wearing heavy clothes is a bad idea.

Wear flip flops or shoes you can slip on and off easily.

Put on your jacket after security.

If you're traveling with kids, keep plenty of snacks, things to do, and have PLENTY of patience

If you're traveling with kids, let them wear pjs.

If you're not traveling with kids, have PLENTY of patience for those traveling with kids. Most of the time parents have like three brain cells left and those kids are jumping on those three.

Please be kind to everyone no matter who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment